Bananas and Avocado Milkshakes

blog| profile| etc

My Sisters Keeper . . .
Sunday, August 2, 2009 @ 4:24 AM


I finally watched My Sisters Keeper yesterday, and I loved it. Its my favourite book of all time and to see it in in a moving picture made it even better. That film is so inspirational and so heart warming. You leave the cinema just wanting to live life where you do it as if it is your last, you need to be grateful that you have one more day to live when any moment could be your last. It also wants you to be more thankful for the family you have, and the siblings you are blessed with.

I love the characters in the novel, especially Kate. She suffers from the deadly enemy cancer as early from the age of 4, and she lives everyday with the knowledge that any moment can be her last but she still continues life as a normal teenager. But then she soon realises that she "doesnt mind that the disease is killing her, but its killing her family". She puts her family first before her life itself.

Aside from that, the relationship between the sisters and Kate's first love, is a serious tearjerker. I couldnt stop crying in the cinemas, PRETTY EMBARASSING but it was just too heartbreaking to fight back the tears.

But after the movie it makes you think about that stupid thing called Cancer. I hate it, who doesn't? Its affected so many families everywhere in the world, and you just have to stop and think why the hell hasnt it been defeated yet? Its also affected my family, but I'm one of the few people who still has a mum. She fought it hard, she fought the surgery, the radiation and the chemotherapy and she's now cancer free for about 8 or 9 years. I'm blessed to have my mum in my life.. and I'm hoping so hard that it doesnt come back, I want my mum to be the warrior in this story, to win this hard battle. But so many are out there who are unlucky and only finding out just in the past month that they too are victims of this enemy. I hate this evil creation of a disease, it can come in so many forms and it can only be taken care of in such little ways.

I pray for your mum to also fight back this cancer she has, I pray that you have the ability to take care of your dad and your brothers because you have the strong hand, and you are able to keep that strong foundation in your family. Have faith in God that he will wash away all the cancerous cells that her body has. Also have faith that your mum can get through this with a fighting spirit, seeing everything a glass half full instead of a life half empty. Have faith in God, and your mother will be like my mother, she will be there when you get into your uni course, and she will be there when you graduate that uni course. Shes going to walk you down that aisle on your wedding day, and she's going to be there for her grandchildren.

I pray that someone finds that cure for this ugly enemy.
Amen.

0 comments